Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 Resolutions


This year I am going to get back in shape!!! I have two great trips coming up and I want to be rocking my fab bod on both. 

Last year I discovered quite a few obstacles that made it hard for me to work out and also eat right for me. I have Hypothyroid. This means I have to take this little pill every morning at 5am for the rest of my life so that my thyroid will have the right levels. At least I have figured out why it was hard to do any work out and why I felt like I needed to sleep all day every day.

With this new knowledge I went searching for a healthy way to combat it with food also. I found out that most people with Hypothyroid have gluten intolerance also :(. So I talked with my doctor and we decided to test that theory. I went off of gluten for a couple of weeks and did feel dramatically better. I still had some relapses though where my stomach felt bloated and it hurt to even to touch it. There were also some side effects in the restroom that I don't want to discuss. I ended up talking to a nutritionist about it and they suggested that most individuals that are gluten intolerant are also dairy intolerant :( :( :(. So I have given up dairy also and I am steadily getting better every day. I have more energy, my stomach/intestines haven't felt like I'm pregnant, and there haven't been any yucky times in the rest room. There has been a few times where something I ate was probably cross-contaminated and I ended up with a migraine and some hours in the rest room that will not be detailed. Note to self: stay away from honey-roasted peanuts.

So I will and I can get back into the shape I was before this calamity happened. If hard work and determination will see me through, I can do it. I will say I never thought it would be possible 6 months ago because I was working out like crazy and eating right (I thought) and nothing changed. I have been seeing great results lately with my regimen so that's encouraging. They are small, but something is better than the nothing before. 

I picked out this really fun vintage looking swim suite for my trips:



Totally cute and worth working for. Click on the pic if you wanna go to their site. All of their stuff is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment