Tuesday, September 11, 2012



It doesn't matter how many years have passed since September 11th 2001, I still feel this great sense of loss and shock to my system every time I think about that event in time. I remember not being capable of doing anything but staring at the TV that day. I couldn't understand others going about their daily activities. Every year since on the anniversary, I have felt this hollow, gnawing, pit in my stomach. So I think I'd like to start a new tradition. Every year I want to ask myself about how I've conducted my life since the previous year. Have I shown a greater commitment to peace, love of mankind, and Charity? Not monetary charity but the pure love of Christ. Have I, since this time, worked to deserve the life I live? Is my life an instrument for good in serving others? Do I live a life that promotes peace and love to everyone? Do I pray for not just myself, but others, even my enemies? I hope that next year as I remember the lives that were lost surrounding this awful event I will have truly remembered the commitment I have made to deserve the life that I live, in a country whose sacrifice has been many, for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment