Wednesday, August 10, 2011

“Design for Shabby Apple”


I couldn't choose just one design that I wanted to submit so I did a small collection. If I were given a go I could definitely create more designs but I have to submit these drawings tonight! Let me know which one you like of these : Shabby Apple Dresses

The Violet Dress would be made from cotton and the baby blue edgings would be embroidered.
I'm sure this cut would look good though with a few choices for color. Maybe white with blue or violet embroidery. There are plenty combos that work. 






This red dress would be fun in a heavier fabric close to canvas and the  ties for shoes and top would be fun as a checkered print white and red flowered, or a sample I included in the picture is more of an indie print. Or you could even switch the fabrics entirely and have the red for the ties. So many fun things with this cut. Definitely good for any bright color. If you cannot tell there is actually cut outs in the edging.

This green number was definately a 50's inspired dress. As with the other two above many colors would work for the style. The fabric I was thinking of would be more of a hugging one like polyester and spandex mix. Maybe to get the edgings to standout like they do in the sketch they might have to be corded inside.

This last suit dress or what have you is supposed to be cream with navy edging. It would need to be a heavier woven cotton and the edging would need to be either embroidered or ribboned.
 Obviously I like old fashioned things but I'm not the best at shading and have not finished my art training so I hope you don't have to use your imagination too much. These were actually inspired by Hallmark's version of "Camille" that came out in 1987.

1 comment:

  1. i love the one you submitted. that last one is great!
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete